Dr. / Ph.D Thesis
Read our recommendations for writing your Ph.D. thesis before ordering to get the best result:
- Format: Write your thesis in A4 (210×297) or B5 (176×250) format. All Dr./Ph.D. theses are printed in B5 format, so if you write in A4, the PDF will be downscaled to about 80%.
- Margins: We recommend minimum margin width of 2 cm (0.8”) on the top and sides, and 2.5 cm (1”) on the bottom. The page numbers are placed underneath the margin.
- Font size: Use font size 12 for A4 format, and font size 11 for B5 format.
- Page numbers: The page numbers should be either centered or side aligned (right align odd page numbers, and left align even page numbers)
- Division of sections: Chapters, table of contents, foreword etc. should be placed on odd pages (right pages) in the book.
- Text: Proofread your thesis before ordering. This includes looking at grammar, organization, visuals, etc. Fewer changes during production means shorter delivery time.
- Visuals: Pictures should not have quality lower than 72 dpi.
- Vector graphics: We recommend creating png or jpg-files of your vector graphics. Border widths, color codes, and transparent colors can look different on print, and can lead to a disappointing result.
- Dots and lines: Lines and dots (e.g. figures) should be at minimum 0.5 pt thick.
Before ordering you can order our user manual here.
What you should have when ordering:
- All files needed to print the thesis
- ISBN number and serial number. Log in at the top right corner.
- Number of copies/books (circulation).
You will specify the entire order online. Covers and title pages will be created automatically when you enter the required information. This will follow NTNU’s graphic profile on Dr./Ph.D. theses. You are responsible for proofreading when ordering. Within 1-3 days you will receive a sample print for approval before the entire order goes into production.
You will get the password to order online from the department office or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include full name and institution in the email.